My name is Alicia Baxter, and I am an Elementary Education major at the University of South Alabama. I also have 21 semester hours in general science to accomplish highly qualified status. I hope to become a middle school science teacher after I graduate. I love the gratification of inspiring students and the thrill in their eyes when the light bulb finally turns on. I not only want to make a difference in my student's lives, but I feel obligated to do everything in my power to prepare them for college and beyond. I have high expectations for all my students, and I will achieve this by covering course content, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills in every subject I teach.
My Teaching Philosophy

iTunes University

iTunes University provides free educational material from top universities. This material can be accessed through searching by categories, particular universities, or general search with filter options to insure you get the results you need. iTunes University has several options from short informational videos to examples of hands on activities in every subject area and grade level. Teachers should always make their lessons fun, interesting, and informational all at the same time,and iTunesU makes this possible at no cost to the teacher. There is also an option for teachers to send digital lesson plans to students that have access to ipods. This allows the student to study virtually anywhere with no need to carry around books and notebooks, because the information is downloaded onto their personal ipod. During my teaching career, I will use iTunesU often to incorporate every style of learning into my lesson to insure my students are receiving the best education available.