My name is Alicia Baxter, and I am an Elementary Education major at the University of South Alabama. I also have 21 semester hours in general science to accomplish highly qualified status. I hope to become a middle school science teacher after I graduate. I love the gratification of inspiring students and the thrill in their eyes when the light bulb finally turns on. I not only want to make a difference in my student's lives, but I feel obligated to do everything in my power to prepare them for college and beyond. I have high expectations for all my students, and I will achieve this by covering course content, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills in every subject I teach.
My Teaching Philosophy

Classroom Management

A well-managed classroom is imperative to be a successful teacher. Students need structure and confidence from their teacher in order to feel safe and secure in the classroom environment. My classroom will be designed in a way that is inviting to the students and keeps them engaged at all times. My classroom binder of plans and procedures will be implemented beginning the first day of school. This will ensure the students know what they are expected to do at all times and should help eliminate any confusion among students. This binder will be accessible to the students for review when needed. Each student will have a weekly job that teaches him/her responsibility and keeps the classroom clean and organized at all times. Having a well-managed classroom should reduce discipline problems to only a minimal issue. My ultimate goal is to provide each student with academic and social skills that will prepare them to be successful adults.