My name is Alicia Baxter, and I am an Elementary Education major at the University of South Alabama. I also have 21 semester hours in general science to accomplish highly qualified status. I hope to become a middle school science teacher after I graduate. I love the gratification of inspiring students and the thrill in their eyes when the light bulb finally turns on. I not only want to make a difference in my student's lives, but I feel obligated to do everything in my power to prepare them for college and beyond. I have high expectations for all my students, and I will achieve this by covering course content, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills in every subject I teach.
My Teaching Philosophy

Google Documents

Google Documents is a free product at www.google.com. It is very similar to Microsoft Word, but Google Documents can be accessed anywhere there is an internet connection. Google Documents can be used for research papers, spreadsheets, power point presentations, and much more. Most importantly, there is no need to carry around any type of storage disk or USB. You just simply log on to Google Docs and open your document. You also have the option to share your document with someone else. This could be useful for group projects. Students would not have to meet outside of the classroom. They could each contribute on their own time. The students could also share the document with the teacher, so he/she could evaluate the progress the students are making and give them suggestions without taking up class time.